At first glance Peppermint Essential Oil seems like any other oil when referring to it for remedies which I will state further; however, here’s an interesting fact that puts Peppermint Oil in the spotlight as a MUST HAVE in the medicine cabinet. It could change your life in more ways than you can imagine.
Change Out Your Medicine Cabinet with Peppermint Oil
According to Dr. Josh Axe at https://draxe.com/peppermint-oil-uses-benefits/ in “a 2012 study out of Clayton State University found peppermint oil reduces postoperative nausea and vomiting generally occurring as a common side effect of general anesthesia. For Moms who just had a C-section, this can be especially devastating as it is very likely to interfere with breastfeeding and could prevent them from that wonderful bonding experience with their baby. This study tested & evaluated how 35 Moms responded to this ancient aromatherapy and discovered that peppermint essential oil was not only quite effective in reducing post-operative nausea and vomiting, it “significantly lowered” the sickness levels of participants compared to women who received standard anti-nausea medications. More than just aromatherapy, just one drop of peppermint oil rubbed on the stomach or taken internally can calm indigestion in no time flat. The powerful ability of peppermint to help with gastrointestinal concerns has just been tapped by the scientific community.
New research has found peppermint can improve antibiotic resistance and help heal your body from the overuse of prescription antibiotics and other chemicals that affect your body. This is probably part of the reason it is so effective in treating IBS.”
Most people don’t like the taste or smell of peppermint but I guarantee after you use the essential oil then it will definitely be your favorite and will lead you to change out your medicine cabinet with peppermint oil instead.
One of the Most Versatile Oils
Peppermint Oil is one of the most versatile oils and the most cost-effective natural solution to replace pharmaceutical drugs due to the following uses:
1. Muscle Pain Relief –Peppermint essential oil is a very effective natural painkiller and muscle relaxant, relieves headaches, releases tight muscles, helps with pain associated with Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome.
2. Sinus Care – Diffusing can often times immediately unclog your sinuses and offer relief to scratchy throats, may provide relief for colds, cough, sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis.
3. Joint Therapy –When applied with lavender oil can cool muscles like an ice bath, but help you to stay warm and dry.
4. Reduce Hunger Cravings – Inhaling peppermint essential oil can stave off the munchies and can help you feel full faster. If you can’t have a diffuser with you at dinnertime, try applying a couple drops on your temples or chest, or take a couple of deep sniffs from the bottle.
5. Natural Energizer – Take a few whiffs of peppermint. It will perk you up on long road trips, in school or any other time you need to “burn the midnight oil.” For those with chronic fatigue syndrome, peppermint oil may improve focus and concentration.
6. Improve Your Shampoo – Add 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil to your shampoo/conditioner because it is a powerful antiseptic, peppermint can also help remove dandruff and lice.
7. Allergy Relief –Peppermint oil is highly effective at relaxing muscles in your nasal passages and can help clear out the muck and pollen during allergy season. Diffusing peppermint along with clove oil and eucalyptus oil can also reduce allergy symptoms.
8. ADHD Support – Try spritzing some peppermint oil on your child’s shirt before study time or placing a drop on her tongue or under her nose for improved concentration and alertness.
9. Anti-Itch – Whether you’re battling a rash or poison ivy, applying some peppermint oil mixed with lavender oil is certain to cool and soothe any itch.
10. Fever Reducer –Because of peppermint oil’s cooling effects, it is an excellent natural treatment to bring down a fever especially in children. Simply mix peppermint oil with coconut oil and rub it on a child’s neck and on the bottom of their feet to help stabilize a fever instead of aspirin or other drugs.
11. Natural Bug Repellant –Ticks aren’t the only bugs that hate peppermint oil. In fact, ants, spiders, cockroaches, mosquitos, mice, and even lice will be repelled.
12. Skin Health – Peppermint oil has calming effects on skin inflammation. You can mix peppermint oil into lip balm and body lotion for a nice cooling sensation. Try my Lavender Mint Lip Balm to nourish lips throughout the year. Mixing peppermint and lavender essential oils can improve eczema and psoriasis when applied topically.
13. Acne Treatment –According to medical studies one of the best Peppermint Oil Uses is facial treatment thanks to anti-microbial properties so is an excellent ingredient to help cure acne naturally.
14. Headache Cure – Peppermint oil has the ability to improve circulation, heal the gut and relax tense muscles. The oils were applied to the forehead and temples for pain relief.
15. Hair Growth – Simply add some peppermint oil to your current shampoo or make your own homemade rosemary mint shampoo that can help stop hair loss and thinning because it naturally thickens and nourishes hair.
16. Sunburn Relief – Peppermint oil can hydrate burnt skin and relieve the pain from sunburns. You can mix peppermint oil with a bit of coconut oil and apply it directly to the affected area.
17. IBS Treatment – Peppermint oil taken internally in capsule form has been proven to be effective at naturally treating IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). One study found a 50% reduction in IBS symptoms with 75% of patients who used it.(3)
18. Improve Bloating and Indigestion – Peppermint oil has been established as a natural alternative to drugs like Buscopan to reduce spasms of the colon. It works by relaxing the muscles of your intestines, which can also reduce bloating and gas. Try peppermint tea or adding 1 drop of peppermint oil to your water before meals.
19. Freshen Breath and Reduce Cavities – Tried and true for well over 1,000 years peppermint has been used to naturally freshen breath. According to studies, peppermint oil performed better than the mouthwash chemicals chlorhexidine at reducing cavities. You can make homemade toothpaste, mouth wash, or add a drop under your tongue followed with glass of water, this freshens bad breath too.
20. Reduce Nausea –A medical study found that peppermint oil uses reduced nausea that is induced by chemotherapy better than standard medical treatments. Simply adding a drop of peppermint oil to water, or rubbing 1-2 drops behind your ears, or even diffusing it can help to reduce nausea.
21. Respiratory benefits – Peppermint essential oil has the ability to open your airways and act as a decongestant. Mix it with coconut oil and eucalyptus essential oil to help reduce the symptoms of asthma and bronchitis.
22. Colic – Medical research has discovered using peppermint oil is equally effective as the drug Simethione for treating infantile colic, without the side effects associated with prescribed medications. Peppermint oil is an essential part of my natural remedies for colic.
23. Teething – peppermint oil is a great natural remedy to relieve the pain associated with teething in infants. Simply mix peppermint oil with coconut oil at a 1:1 ratio and rub on the gum area.
24. Balance hormones and relieve symptoms of PCOS – peppermint oil may have hormone balancing effects and be therapeutic for polycystic ovarian syndrome.
25. Cancer treatment – clinical research indicates that peppermint contains the compound menthol, which inhibits prostate cancer growth. Also, studies found peppermint protects against radiation-induced DNA damage and cell death.
If you would like to know of some recipes that you could use Peppermint Oil then go check out the website above.
According to http://www.naturallivingideas.com/peppermint-oil-uses/ there’s 43 uses for Peppermint Oil which some include making a homemade general purpose disinfectant, citrus mint wood cleaner & dusting spray, glass cleaner, carpet cleaner, pest control, etc.
This has been a miracle in my own home on many occasions and if I knew the secrets of peppermint oil in dealing with colic and teething when my children were going through those stages it would’ve saved me relentless hours and nights rocking an comfortable baby. It only makes sense to replace my medicine cabinet with a natural, affordable solution that I can use on my entire family. If you have any more ways on how to use this amazing oil I would love to hear your insight. Please email me, comment below, and share recipes with me.